Research shows that employees crave appreciation. In fact, a whopping 90% said that they believe that a company should recognize employee contributions with regular tokens of appreciation. And although employee appreciation can take on many different forms, a great way to start is with employee appreciation quotes. From emails, speeches, gift sends, and other communication channels - uplifting messages can serve to keep motivation and performance at high levels.
Having a collection of these quotes at your disposal to use at just the right time is a great tool to add to your collection as a business owner or manager, and we've got you covered in this article with over 60 words of appreciation you can use across different occasions.
60 Best Words of Appreciation for Employees in 2023
To save you some time we have developed an extensive list of employee appreciation quotes that you are welcome to save and use. Whether you send these quotes in an email, together with an employee appreciation gift, or say them out loud during a team meeting - they will help boost confidence and joy for your devoted team members.
Quotes for Celebrating a Job Well Done
The employee work appreciation quotes below are a great starting point for celebrating the success of your employee's projects - big or small.
1) Your recent work exceeds every expectation we set - great job!
2) Congratulations on another incredible result! Your work is making a real impact.
3) Thank you for always going above and beyond for our team! It makes our job easier knowing we can always depend on you.
4) Thanks so much for the work on this project. You went above and beyond to get this done so quickly.
5) Great job on your recent project. Your unique abilities helped us reach our goals ahead of schedule.
6. How you handled such a challenging project demonstrates your expertise and dedication to achievement.
7) I have noticed and greatly appreciate your contributions to the company and team. Keep up the amazing work.
8) Please allow me to take a moment to acknowledge the excellent work you completed on your last project. Your rock!
9) The project you recently completed was outstanding, and I look forward to working together on many more.
10) We would never have finished this project on time without your contribution. THANK YOU!
Quotes to Show Team Appreciation
Sometimes it's not just one particular employee you want to thank but the whole team. The quotes below will get you inspired to do just that:
1) Thank you, team, for bringing your talents together to produce incredible results.
2) Each member of this team brought a unique perspective and set of skills, and the results speak for themselves.
3) This team would not have been successful without the contributions of each of you as individuals. Thank you to each person who makes this team what it has become.
4) As a group, this team has set a standard that serves as an excellent example for the rest of the organization.
5) A cohesive team is hard to stop. With the talent of each of you as individuals and the support you provide each other, the sky's the limit for us.
6) This team deserves special recognition for its outstanding contributions to the company. This is what true collaboration and cooperation look like in action.
7) A good team allows the strengths of each individual to shine through, and when others look at us they see a group of stars. Keep shining!
8) Managing teams can be a challenge, but this group makes it easy. Please know that your hard work and collaboration are greatly appreciated.
9) It's about time I deliver my heartfelt appreciation for the work of this outstanding team. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished.
Quotes for the First Day of Work
The first day of work in a new organization is a big occasion, so you don't want to let it pass without offering some encouragement and welcoming a new member to your team with some motivating words that will make them feel inspired and supported.
1) Best wishes for this new direction in your career. We are excited to have you
2) There is no better feeling than setting out on a brand new journey and working toward your dreams.
3) You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
4) We are so happy you're here! We know you'll do great things here, and we're looking forward to seeing your contributions.
5) Don't be afraid to ask questions, take risks, and share your ideas. We're all in this together. So happy you joined our team!
6) You were chosen for this role for a reason, and we're excited to see what you'll accomplish!
7) As you get started on your first day, I just wanted to reach out to say that we are thrilled to have you join us, and we can't wait to see what the future holds.
8) Happy first day of work! This is an exciting time, and I know you are going to do great things.
9) We are so happy you joined us! We're confident that you'll make a valuable contribution and be an important part of our success.
10) The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. We hope you dream big here!
Quotes to Use on Employee Appreciation Day
Employee Appreciation Day is a great opportunity to mark the achievements of your team and show thanks for everything they have accomplished. While there are many ways and ideas for how to celebrate Employee Appreciation Day in your business, you will want to make sending an appreciation quote part of the plan.
1) Happy Employee Appreciation Day! Your hard work is a tremendous asset to this organization.
2) A company is only as good as its employees. So, thank you for being part of ours. It makes a huge difference!
3) Not just on Employee Appreciation Day but every day, you inspire us with your passion and achievements.
4) A single day doesn't offer enough time to express my appreciation but it is a good starting point. Happy Employee Appreciation Day and thank you for all your impactful contributions.
5) Employee Appreciation Day is a great time to highlight the skills and dedication you bring to our team. Thank you for helping us take the business to new heights!
6) I'm proud to call you a member of our team, and I am thankful for your ongoing meaningful contributions. Happy Employee Appreciation Day!
7) To demonstrate my thanks to you on this Employee Appreciation Day, I'd like to express not only gratitude for the work you do, but also for the person you are.
8) Today is Employee Appreciation Day, and I want to express my heartfelt thanks for your performance, dedication, and positivity. This company is better because of your presence.
9) We truly value the high-quality work you put in for this organization. You are a real asset, and we're lucky to have you. Happy Employee Appreciation Day.
10) You don't only show up; you show us how it's done. Happy Employee Appreciation Day - we appreciate you.
Quotes for Having a Positive Workplace Attitude
There is tremendous value in having people on your team who consistently bring a positive attitude to the office. These quotes are aimed at letting those people know that you appreciate the optimism and joy that those people deliver.
1. Thank you for being such a positive force in the workplace. Your hard work and dedication are truly appreciated, and we're proud to have you on our team.
2. Your ongoing positivity helps elevate those around you who might be having a hard day. You keep our office moving forward!
3. A great coworker is one who makes others better, and your positive attitude does just that. Thank you!
4. Working with someone as positive as you makes each day that much better. You are appreciated more than you know.
5. Thank you for always bringing your positive attitude to work. You make a difference every day, and we appreciate everything you do.
6. It's hard to find people who blend a positive attitude with a great talent. We are certainly glad we have found you.
7. I look forward to coming to the office every day in part because I get to enjoy your positive approach to work and life. And I'm not the only one.
8. The world could use more positivity, but you make sure our company is never running short. Thank you for being a shining light!
9. I don't believe our company would be where it is today without the positive approach you deliver day after day. We couldn't do it without you!
Quotes for Work Anniversaries and Promotions
These messages can help recognize and celebrate an employee's years of service and dedication to your company. It's important to let employees know that their contributions are valued and appreciated, and celebrating their work anniversaries and promotions is a great way to do that.
1) Congratulations on another year of making a difference. Your hard work and dedication are truly appreciated. Happy work anniversary!
2) Our business is better for each year we are lucky enough to have you. Here's to many more great years to come!
3) It's been a pleasure working with you this year, and we're excited to celebrate another milestone with you. Happy work anniversary, and here's to many more years of laughter and success!
4) Congratulations on a well-earned promotion. We look forward to seeing you continue to grow in the years ahead.
5) We are so proud of your accomplishments and thrilled to see you advance in your career. Congratulations on your promotion!
6) Your work anniversary is a great opportunity to recognize and celebrate your many contributions to our company. Congratulations, and thank you for all that you do!
7) On your work anniversary, we'd like to highlight your infectious positivity and inclusive approach to your job. It does not go unnoticed!
8) While you are moving up to a new position in the company, we want to take a moment to focus on just how much you've already accomplished and how many more great milestones lie ahead.
9) Another year has gone already? It's hard to imagine our company without your efforts, so we wish you a happy work anniversary and offer sincere thanks for what you have accomplished.
10) Promotions are earned, and you have left no doubt with your outstanding performance that you are worthy of taking on greater responsibilities. Thank you for everything that you have contributed to this organization.
When to use Employee Appreciation Messages
The best time to tell employees you appreciate them is often and consistently. Regularly expressing gratitude and recognition for hard work and contributions can help create a positive and supportive work environment, increase employee engagement and motivation, and promote a culture of appreciation.
While appreciation messages can be shared anytime and don't have to be tied to specific events or occasions, we've mapped out some occasions that you want to make sure not to miss:
Recognizing a job well done
While it may seem an obvious reason for sending employee appreciation messages, it is one that managers often overlook due to busy schedules and heavy workloads. With so much going on in the average workplace, it's easy for important accomplishments by your employees to slip by.
Tip: Having a cheat sheet of go-to words of appreciation for your employees can help you get into a cadence of recognizing the hard work your team is doing without having to spend time on crafting the right message.
Taking a moment to mark a specific milestone in the career of one of your staff members is an important moment to send words of appreciation. An employee may be coming up on a work anniversary or have just earned a promotion into an elevated position. Whatever the case, wishing them a happy work anniversary or sending a thoughtful message to celebrate their promotion or achievement will go a long way in making that individual feels celebrated and recognized.
Tip: These occasions are also a great opportunity to send a small gift alongside the message. Work anniversaries are similar to birthdays and by taking that extra step you will make your employee feel even greater connection to the company and your team. You can easily celebrate all anniversaries in your company with smart HR integration. Learn more here.
Showing appreciation for everyday contributions
You don't always have to save employee appreciation quotes for occasions such as an anniversary or a job well done. Sometimes, you'll want to send positive messages randomly to point out how well someone is performing or bringing a positive attitude to the team. This is a great way to boost motivation, and it may also help improve retention when people feel truly respected and valued, even for the smaller things.
Tip: These everyday messages can be informal and easily communicated through slack, a short email or even an sms message.
Celebrating special occasions
For certain occasions throughout the year, you'll want to send out messages that acknowledge the day and what it means. Employee Appreciation Day is a great one to utilize for this purpose. You can also send out these kinds of messages on holidays and other important cultural occasions that the people in your organization will celebrate.
Tip: Keep a calendar of all cultural events and holidays throughout the year. For bigger cultural occasions, you can pair your words of appreciation with an appropriate holiday gift such as Lunar New Year gifts or Diwali gifts.
Supporting someone during a rough patch
Everyone goes through hard times in life, including the employees on your team. Using appreciation and thank you messages for employees who are going through a hard time is a nice way to demonstrate your concern and open a line of communication that they can use if further support is needed. Whether the current turmoil in their life is related to personal or professional issues, being supportive can go a long way.
Make an even bigger impact with a gift
Words are powerful. Whether in your professional or personal life, the words you choose will go a long way toward determining the kinds of relationships you can establish. For example, regularly using words of appreciation for employees will help connect with the various team members, build healthy professional relationships, and increase workplace motivation.
But pairing thoughful words with a meaningful gift can be even better!
From $25 gifts for smaller moments to $100 gifts for those special days - it's easy to pair those appreciation messages with a delightful appreciation gift.
Snappy's top-rated gifting platform gives you instant access to thousands on expertly curated gifts, chosen by our in-house team of gifting experts. From top brands, up and coming businesses, small and minority owned businesses and more - these top products are available in delightful collections for every pricing tier.
You can easily schedule gifts, add magic with digital gift reveals, add your business logo at the touch of a button and watch the thank-you notes come in.